How To Delete An Instagram Account
Instagram Ireland is one of the most popular apps to share photos with, users can take or post photos from their life. While the app is very popular, it can also be very personal.
Some people determine that they want to close their account, there are two different options for removing your Instagram app.
You can either temporarily disable the account or permanently get rid of it. Keep reading to find out how to do each one.
Temporarily Suspend Account
For those who just want to take a break from Instagram for studying or for soul searching, temporarily suspending your account is the best option. To do this you cannot use the app.
- Step 1: use a web browser on your computer or phone and log into your Instagram account. Look for the person icon for your profile at the top right and click edit profile.
- Step 2: you will need to scroll down until you see Temporarily Disable My Account. This option will be prominent, the app will present you with a list of reasons for why you want to close your account (a reason for the temporary suspension is required).
- Step 3: inputting your password a second time will help to confirm that you are actually wishing to suspend your account. After you have selected a reason for the disabling of your account and put in the password, select Temporarily Disable Account again.
To reactivate your account at a later date, all you have to do is log in again, make sure that you keep track of your username and password so that you can log back in. For those that do not remember their username/password, you will have to first recover your information before you can suspend your account.
Delete Your Account Forever
The other option for getting rid of your account is to permanently delete it, It should be noted that everything will be deleted when you use this method, from your photos and videos to your comments will all be gone.
If you want to keep your photos you will first have to use a program to download the images off your profile.
- Step 1: to start, navigate to the Instagram Delete Account page. Like with the above method, you will have to either use an internet browser on your computer or on your phone.
- Step 2: before you can proceed any further, you will need to input your username and password. If you have logged in prior to this recently, you might skip this step and will instead be greeted by your account information.
- Step 3: Again, like above, you will be asked for a reason that you want to delete your account. For most reasons, you will be provided with an alternative to deleting your account.
- Step 4: so that other people cannot delete your account, you will be asked one more time to confirm your password.
- Step 5: The final button for Permanently Deleting Your Account will not be available, or even shown, until you have followed the previous two steps. This is to prevent accidental deletions.
Make sure that you are logged into the account you want to delete because as we said above, there is no way to reverse this process. One app that you can use to back up your Instagram photos is InstaG Downloader.
Instagram is not able to delete accounts for users, you will have to follow these steps on a device in order to get rid of this account. This is so that others cannot pretend to be you and request the account be deleted.
The official Instagram page for deleting your Instagram is located here in the Help Center.