How To Delete A Tinder Account
Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps on both Android and iOS devices, you can swipe one direction for those people you like and another for those you don't. When you meet a match you can chat back and forth.
If you meet someone on Tinder you will probably want to delete your Tinder account. Don't know how to delete your account? Keep reading to find out how to delete it.
Steps to delete your Tinder Account
- Step 1: Start the process of deleting your Tinder account by opening the app on your mobile device. The icon for the app is a flame, just in case you haven’t used it in a while.
- Step 2: Tinder accounts are now connected with Facebook so you will have to click Sign In with Facebook in order to login. A Facebook account connected to Tinder does not allow Tinder to post to Facebook or to interact with Facebook beyond retrieving information for your Tinder profile.
- Step 3: Now click the gear at the top of the Tinder home screen. This will open the Tinder menu.
- Step 4: From here you want to click App Settings, again the icon is of a gear. As of the October 2017 version of Tinder, it is the second option on the list.
- Step 5: The Delete Account option is at the bottom of the menu. The button may appear grayed out but is tappable, this is done to help prevent accidental deletion of your account. Make sure to tap the button, a confirmation window will pop up and you will be prompted with “Are you sure you want to delete your account?” If you are sure that you want to get rid of your account, tap Delete Account.
That was all that was needed to delete your account, tap the Got It button to exit the app. For those that want to make doubly sure the process is complete, you can open your recent apps and close Tinder before you delete the app.
Cancel you account from Android
To remove the Tinder app from Android:
- Step 1: go to your app list and hold the app down until the uninstall option appears.
- Step 2: On the most recent versions of Android you can hold the icon down on the home screen and the option to uninstall will appear. For iOS users you hold the icon down and an X will appear. Click that X and confirm that you want to remove the app from your device.
- Step 3: There is another step that you need in order to completely remove Tinder from your account. You need to remove Tinder from your Facebook account. To do this, you will need to login to Facebook on a computer.
- Step 4: Go to Settings on Facebook and find Apps. Under apps you will see a list of every app or program that you have given permission to access your Facebook. Look for Tinder under the list, it is alphabetical.
- Step 5: Once you find Tinder, hover your mouse over it and you should see a pencil or an X. Click the X and then confirm that you want to remove Tinder.
Deleting the Tinder App on your phone does not get rid of your Tinder account. This should only be done after you have deleted your account.
Removing Tinder from your Facebook is an important step that prevents your account from becoming active again without your approval. Make sure that you don’t skip this step so that your account doesn’t get accidentally reopened.
Some users believe that your Tinder account will be deleted if you simply do not use it for a while. This is not true. Your Tinder profile will always be there if you do not go through the steps to delete it. A deleted account can be reopened later on by repeating the signup process. You will have to fill out your account again.
Now that you have deleted your Tinder account and the app from your device, you can move on to other things. Whether it is other dating methods or going steady, you won’t have to worry about your Tinder account sitting open.