Bord Gais is an Irish utilities company founded in 1973 that, since 2013, has been operating under the parent company Centrica, offering gas, electricity, and other home care services throughout Ireland.
They currently provide over 730,000 customers across Ireland, both residential and business, with energy. They place a big focus on working toward a more energy conscious Ireland and provide services to assist their customers with lowering their individual carbon footprint.
This is why they operate an Energy Trading Team which purchases energy from the international market when supplies fall below demand, as well as selling excess energy to homes and businesses.
How to contact Bord Gais?
Their website includes a dedicated and comprehensive help page that you can use as the first port of call when you need help with receiving a quote, any account queries, changing address and moving home, as well as information on how you can make your home and energy usage more sustainable.
This page also includes a section for complaints and special services, in order to manage bills and payments this can all be done through your account on the Bord Gais website.
Bord Gais Contact Number
Bord Gais also provide the option for submitting meter readings and paying bills over the phone using the following telephone numbers, which will connect you to an automated payment system:
- for residential gas the number is 01 6832655.
- for residential electricity the number is 01 6832656.
- for home services the number is 01 6832657.
- for the Business Care Team if you’re a business owner you can ring 01 6832658.
- If you have other queries or complaints and need to speak to an actual person the call centre is open from Monday to Friday 8 am to 8 pm and Saturday 9am - 5.30pm for residential customers and Monday to Friday 8 am - 6.30pm for business customers.
- If you’re a new customer the number to call is 01 611 01 51.
- if you’re an existing customer Bord Gais requests you have a bill to hand when you contact the telephone number 01 611 01 01.
- For business customers a bill to hand when ringing is required and the number to call whether you are an existing or new customer is 01 611 01 33.
- For emergencies the following telephone lines are open 24/7 and connect to the Irish gas and electrical networks.
- For electrical emergencies please contact 1850 37 29 99, and for gas emergencies the telephone number to call is 1850 20 50 50.
Contact Bord Gais by post
Bord Gais can also be contacted via post if you need to send documents, or make a query and are unable to do this over the phone. The address for residential customers to send their postal queries to is: Home energy, Bord Gáis Energy, PO Box 10943, Dublin 2.
Alternatively if you are a business customer and need to send correspondence or feedback by post then the address is: Business energy, Bord Gáis Energy, PO Box 10943, Dublin 2. The option to make a query is available on the site, where after filling out a form the customer care team will contact you by your preferred method within 48 business hours.