Electric Ireland is Ireland’s chief retail and commercial electricity provider. It supplies electricity to over 1.1 million homes and in excess of 93,000 businesses throughout the Irish Peninsula.
Historically, it was Ireland’s sole electricity supplier under the auspices of ESB. In 2012, it was rebranded as Electric Ireland, as it sought to carve a new home for itself in a now privatised electricity market.
For its diverse range of customers, it boasts an equally diverse range of helplines, listed below for your convenience.
Electric Ireland: Emergency Lines (24 hours)
Find below the helplines:
- If you experience a power cut, call 1800 372 999.
- if you notice a gas leakage, then call 1850 20 50 50.
- If you are based in Northern Ireland, then the number to call is 03457 643 643.
Please note that all Emergency Lines are contactable 24 hours a day, and seven days a week.
Electric Ireland: Sales Contact Numbers
Opening hours are between 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am – 5:30pm on Saturday.
Electric Ireland Customer Service
If you’re an existing customer needing assistance, then call 1800 372 372 (or 01 852 9534).
Opening Hours for the customer service team are between 8am – 8pm, Monday to Saturday.
If you’re a Small or Medium sized enterprise, then the numbers below are for you.
- For existing customers needing support, the number to call would be 1850 372 787. If you wish to email them, then you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, if you’re not a customer and simply wish to find out more or subscribe, then call 1850 30 50 70. Similarly, if you wish to communicate through email, then use email@example.com.
- To speak to the Energy Efficiency Services of Electric Ireland, call 1800 200 513.
Opening hours for the customer service and sales lines are between 9am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. The Energy Efficiency Line opens at 9am like the above but closes at 5pm, instead.
Industrial and Commercial Helplines
- For larger businesses that are partnered with Electric Ireland, you can obtain customer service from the numbers below.
- For general queries, the number to call is 1800 200 513.
- For more complex and consultative queries, call 1800 200 513 and request to speak to someone from “Energy Consulting Team”
- Alternatively, you can catch them on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opening Hours for industrial and commercial teams is between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Northern Ireland Helplines
For customers in Northern Ireland, the above numbers will not be applicable as a call from Northern Ireland will be registered as an international call.
Firstly, for the quick and simple services, if you simply need assistance with your keypad, then call 0345 600 5335. This includes top-ups if you use a “pay as you go” meter, whereby you simply need to follow the automated telephone instruction.
For “Customer Care” queries, including billing or technical support, call 0345 600 533 to reach a customer service agent.
If your query is non-urgent, then you can also contact them through email at email@example.com.
And finally, if the query is urgent and involves a power-cut or gas leak, then please call the number listed in the “Emergency” section above in the second paragraph, as the Customer Care team may not be able to provide immediate support.
Opening Hours are in between 8:30am – 7pm, Monday – Friday, excluding bank holidays.
Finally, if you’re an international customer, (excluding Northern Ireland), then call +353 1 8529534.
Electric Ireland can be contacted on its Facebook page, Twitter Page and via Boards.ie. Opening Hours for online channels fall between 8am – 8pm, Monday to Friday. Additionally, a Live Chat service is available on its website for Customers with special needs.
To make a purchase of its Smart products, Nest or Climote products, please visit Electric Ireland’s website and click “Smart Home Shop” on its menu.
Furthermore, its website provides a service to pay bills online, to top-up your electricity or gas, and to update your payment details or address details. On a similar note, you can utilise your account to book boiler checks and repairs.
Please log in or register with Electric Ireland to access the above-mentioned services. Further details can be found on the Contact Us page of Electric Ireland’s website.
For postal enquiries, please use the address below: Electric Ireland, PO Box 841, South City Delivery Office, Cork T12C825.